Monday, July 19, 2010
The postpartum appointment
Liam, Will and I went to meet Dr. KH for the last appointment related to my pregnancy on the 9th of July. I was actually a little over 7 weeks postpartum at that point. Unfortunately the appointment was timed around Liam's nap time and we've since learnt that we DO NOT mess up his nap time or he'll be a total mess and so will we at the end of the day. A cranky baby at night when we've both tipped the stress meters is not fun. Anyway, the appointment went OK. I didn't have Will's hand to hold for the internal because he was swinging Liam as fast as he could in the hallway to keep him happy (speed demon, remember?). So I was told that everything had healed well. I had to get weighed one more time and was both surprised and happy to find that I was 10 lbs under my weight at the first prenatal appointment. Bizarre how that happened. I worked out like I was crazy before I got pregnant and the scale never budged. At least not in the direction I wanted. And then I get pregnant and poof! I drop 10 lbs. I was secretly happy that I didn't have to get a pap that day. Though Dr. KH did make a note of when my pap was due. I can't believe I gave birth to a 9lb+ baby and I'm now a sissy about getting my cervix swabbed. But hey, I haven't got oxytocin and all those other feel-good chemicals surging through my body during a pap, right?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment