Thursday, April 1, 2010

March Madness!

March has been a very busy month! The best thing that happened to us was our 4-week Christian Childbirth classes taught by two doulas - Gaylea McDougal and Annie Reeder - who love the Lord and want women to know God's plan for pregnancy and childbirth! It is amazing to know how our Creator designed a woman's body and planned a sequence of events from conception to childbirth. Most of all, it is amazing to just know that my body is adequate, it is wonderfully designed and it is capable of much more than I have ever imagined.

I'm now well into my third trimester! I can't believe how fast this trimester is going. It has been my favorite so far. The pregnancy has just become more and more enjoyable with time. Right now, it would take a LOT to curb our excitement. Working hard to put our house on the market and getting ready to move to Colorado are not enough. We've been trying to do a little every month for Bubs. Our little one now has a place to sleep, diapers, some clothes for the first few months, a stroller and a bouncer (thanks Lisa, Febu and Abby!). Bubs also has two people head over heels, crazily in love waiting...

Being so busy with getting the house ready has meant that I haven't been able to record a lot of things we've enjoyed and experienced since the 8th of February. Wow, it has been a while! But it has been a rich and beautiful experience and the Bible isn't kidding when it says that children are a "reward". Bubs isn't even here yet and we already feel so blessed. Pregnancy makes a marriage stronger, that's for sure.

How far along am I? 33 weeks

Weight gain - 20 lbs

Pregnancy perks - Pregnancy is a constant reminder of just how much my husband loves me. God designed marriage to be the deepest bond on earth and its evident to me in the many ways Will takes care of me, especially now. People talk a lot about the sleep-deprived woman in the third trimester. I've got to say Will's just as sleep-deprived as me, if not worse. Try as I might to not move the sheets or disturb anything when I get up for one of my many nightly bathroom trips, I come back to find Will awake. A couple of nights ago I decided I was going to be quiet as a mouse and not even turn the bathroom light on. I came back to find Will sitting up in bed looking worried and wanting to know if I was ok. He says there's nothing I can do. His wife radar goes off and he's up like a rocket to make sure I don't fall down or anything. Now that's romance :-)

Cravings - Almonds, eggs, milk. I think its protein in general! The cravings haven't been as intense lately, maybe because they've been easy to satisfy. It is unbelievable how many fruits and vegetables I eat in a day. I've turned into a salad hog. Hopefully these new eating habits will stick around after Bubs arrives!

Will and I are currently in Colorado Springs. He is checking out his new unit, and his new unit is checking him out and we are checking out the city! He has had to go in to work for the past 3 days and I'm grabbing this bit of free time to catch up on things I haven't been able to do, including blogging. Hopefully over the next few days we'll also get to process the many things we learnt last month during our childbirth classes and get focussed and learn to pray specifically.

I know I owe my readers some pictures, especially one of my bump that has grown into its own zip code recently. I'll be sure to post those as soon as we return to Nashville, along with my many attempts to diaper our practise baby - you'll know soon what I'm talking about!

No comments:

Post a Comment