Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Almost there!

Me at 38 weeks:




Bubs is "full term". All baked and ready to come out. Don't make us wait too long Bubs! Life on the outside will be so much more fun!

Here's Bubs' bed for the first few months:



Bubs' travel pod and hopefully a place where some awesome naps will be taken as we travel around. Bubs' stuff is temporarily occupied by our makeshift baby - the first gift Will gave me when we met in London in 2005. The bear made the months of waiting for Will a little bear-able (sorry, couldn't resist) and now he's helping us as we wait for Bubs:



Helping us includes tolerating a few diaper changes as we practise. Look at that cute diaper! If I had to find just one reason for using cloth diapers (apart from being "savings-oriented" a.k.a. a cheapskate), it would be because they are SO cute:



I'm spending these last few hours/days/weeks of waiting for Bubs by just soaking in the Word of God. There is so much the Bible says about children and childbirth and so much of it contradicts what the world throws at me. I'm trying to saturate myself with God's plan so when the time comes I can lean on Him.

I've started weekly appointments with Dr. KH. For the past month my weight gain has remained stable at 22 lbs. It's a bit less than I thought I'd gain. But for the past month I've enjoyed my fair share of cakes and ice-cream and the scale hasn't budged. It's nice to enjoy that kind of metabolism, especially for someone like me that has to work out religiously to keep my weight in check. Dr. KH also does a non-stress test on Bubs every week. Bubs passes with flying colors and puts other babies to shame per Dr. KH. We'll give him extra points for saying that!

2 comments:

  1. I am so very excited for you =) The real fun will start after Bubs is born and you get him/her home. Can't wait to hear if it's a boy/girl. I'm saying boy. Anyway, life as a parent is great and you and Will are going to feel so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW- you have the BEST baby bump =)

    ReplyDelete