Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Stats, February 8, 2010

Wow, time is flying. I thought I was doing pretty good with timing this entry but I realize I'm closer to my next appointment than I am to my previous one. They are also getting spaced closer together and after the next appointment on March 1, I will be saying hello to Dr. KH every 2 weeks!

I have all sorts of wonderful news. First, we found our doula. She also teaches Christian Childbirth classes in a nearby town so that doubles our excitement! We met her at Starbucks early this month and had such a sense of peace and joy about her. We feel truly blessed.

We also got to spend Valentines weekend with Bubs' due-date-twin's parents. Bubs seemed especially excited and moved all day. That kind of performance is hard to elicit these days. I think it might have had something to do with my unashamed eating. Our hosts were wonderful cooks and I was not shy about the second (and third) helpings. Bubs is definitely a mover though, especially when I lay down to sleep or sit down for a bit. The jabs are getting stronger, Bubs likes to roll around and the movements are VERY visible from the outside. It's a bit awkward sometimes when I'm sitting down for choir practise and my belly starts moving all over the place. But I think others are deprived of the aerial view that I have, so they are not quite going to be alarmed. I need to relax.

And the story of my last appointment:

How far along was I? 25 and a half weeks. I was all set for my glucola test, but of course I'm not getting one until March 1.

Weight gain - Added 4 lbs in 4 weeks, taking the total to 15 lbs.

Pregnancy perks - There is just NOTHING like feeling and watching the baby move. Will and I spent an entire evening doing just that... The rhythmic movement of my breathing gradually hypnotized us both and we fell asleep. It's also funny when I've got my belly snuggled against Will at night and he wakes me saying "Did you feel that? That was awesome!!!" and I hope I said something nice back. This makes up for my excrutiating rib pain. I thought I had some sort of disease for sure but Dr. KH assured me that the angle of my ribs were changing and oh its a permanent change, but it won't hurt after Bubs arrives.

Cravings - I'm still in love with strawberries but my affection for tangerines is gone. We bought another bag the last time we went grocery shopping and I suffered through one yesterday, stopping when I almost threw up. Good bye tangerines, I hope we like each other again someday. For the most part, I haven't had any intense cravings recently. (Now that I've said this, they'll hit me like a ton of candy bars tomorrow).

We are getting ready to put our house on the market. This involves a lot of work and we really appreciate prayers for strength to get things done quickly and for our house to sell in time to move to our next location in August!

2 comments:

  1. I told you your belly was going to be your new t.v. ;) So very happy for you both! Where are you moving to in Aug? Do you know yet?

    ReplyDelete