Friday, October 16, 2009

Stats, October 16, 2009

I'm going to try to do this on a regular basis. So far we've had our first ultrasound and first doctor's visit as well as blood work.

The first ultrasound was on the 5th of October. Gestational age was noted to be 7 weeks 2 days. Words cannot describe watching the little heart beating. So I'm not even going to try. I just remember watching in amazement as it pounded away an incredible 148 beats per minute. Will watched with open mouth and I didn't even know I had tears running down my face.

The first doctor's visit was hilarious! Dr. KH told a few jokes through my physical and made it just a tad bit comfortable. He gets huge points for using a plastic pediatric speculum instead of the large, cold, metal one. We've decided he's a keeper.

How far along am I? 9 weeks

Weight gain: For once its disappointing to get on the scale and watch my weight fall. -5 lbs.

Pregnancy perks: All-day-sickness. I have sympathy and empathy for every pregnant woman now. I'll never, ever take the ability to do housework for granted again. Also, what are hunger and thirst? I've forgotten what it feels like to enjoy food and water. (I know all this is going to change very soon though!!) Odd dreams are another side effect, and somehow every night I dream I'm in high-school again.

Cravings: I'm sure those are just around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment