Friday, October 16, 2009

September

My kitchen calender has little quotes every month. The quote for September is "It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen". The quote couldn't be more fitting for the past month. I've been at a loss of words for my first post in this new blog so I'm going to share something that I'd written last month. A letter to our unborn child!

Sometime this month we found out that God had breathed life into you. It all seems very surreal and we are super excited. You are a surprise but somehow that makes it even more special to know that God dreamt and planned about you before we had a clue. Your dad and I are already in love with you. We decided we don't want to find out if you are a boy or a girl yet. Your dad will be the first one to know. We talked about a nickname for you and decided to call you Bubs. Why? Because your dad doesn't think its too sissy. It's temporary and we'll have a real name for you when you arrive. Your dad and I will make sure that the initials do not spell out anything weird. We promise.

We are praying for you everyday. We know God is fashioning you and He does an amazing job. We pray protection over you everyday and are learning to trust God because we cannot see you yet. We are also trying to come up with a fun way to tell your grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins about you. They are going to be so excited! For now, you're a secret, a really hard one to keep. Your dad wants to shout it from the rooftops. He's going to be a great dad. He prayed over you last night. Our deepest desire is that you come to know your Creator who loves you more than anyone ever could. This morning God assured me that you would come to know Him. The Bible promises in Psalm 91:16 - With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation.

We believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment